Key Scriptures That Describes the Characteristics of Christian Giving
Bible Summary. From God’s perspective, giving is a lifestyle, not a requirement. When giving, God is looking for us to give voluntarily and on a regular basis. For Christians, giving is done from a loving and repentant heart. See Biblical commentary and scriptures on giving.
Giving is Done Willingly.
Giving - The Widow's Mite
From God’s perspective, giving is a lifestyle, not a requirement. If we are not giving from our heart, our act of giving will be of no effect. God made us not to be selfish. He desires that when we are in abundance to be unselfish and give to other for the purpose of kingdom-building and going to a higher level in our relationship with God.
See Scripture Commentary: 2 Corinthians 8:12 advises that the willingness of the mind is more important than what he has or gives.
Giving is a Daily Occurrence, Not Just When Asked.
When giving, God is looking to us to give voluntarily and on a regular basis. By us giving in alms and offerings we are showing God that we put Him above material things. By us giving regularly, we are showing God that we put Him above all things all the time.
See Scripture Commentary: 1 Corinthians 16:2 advises us to give of our increase on a regular basis.
Giving out of Love and Repentance.
In the Bible, Zacchaeus repented and immediately had a desire to give to people after he had an encountered Jesus. Zacchaeus' desire for giving and making a commitment to give generously was not motivated as a possible good works that would get him into Heaven. No, he gave out a new, "agape" love (unmerited favor) and repentance to address his past wrongs.
See Scripture Commentary: Luke 19:8 advises us how true repentance causes a person to give generously from their heart.
More on Sowing and Reaping
More On Giving
- 35 Doctrines From Isaiah 52-53
- Apostles' Creed References
- Being Thankful List
- Bible in Fifty Words
- Blessings of Believing
- Characteristics of a Father
- Characteristics of Giving
- Characteristics of God's Divine Nature
- Characteristics of Human Nature
- Christian To Do List
- Christian Values
- Christian Virtues
- Christian Rituals & Practices
- Deuteronomy Laws
- Eleven Ways To Pray For Children
- Four Reasons For Giving to Church
- Four Reasons for Tithes & Offerings
- Four Things About Giving
- Laws of Sowing and Reaping
- Miracles of Jesus
- Miracles of Old Testament
- Moses' Excuses For Denying His Calling
- Names of Jehovah
- Names of Jesus
- Nine Fold Fruit of the Spirit
- Parable of Jesus
- People Raised From the Dead
- Revealed Mysteries
- Seven "I AM" Statements of Jesus
- Seven Stages of Christian Growth
- Signs of End Times
- Ten Commandments
- Ten Ways To Love
- Three Types of Death
- Twelve Disciples of Jesus
- What Jesus Said on the Cross