Bible Summary. The Old Testament records many of the miracles of the Bible. Miracles are supernatural events that occur in the natural world. These supernatural events (the not seen) are evident that there are supernatural powers that are outside our five senses. Many miracles can be explained away, but many cannot. The Old Testament records many miracles that are part of our Christian faith. With many of these miracles God is using these supernatural events to strengthen our faith and have us better understand that God is a all powerful, all knowing, and omnipresent God. See below for a listing of the miracles of Old Testament Bible.
Listing of Miracles Recorded in the Old Testament Bible
1. Creation. Creation of the universe, including plants, animals and humans (Genesis 1 – Genesis 2).
2. The Flood. The flood of Noah (Genesis 7, Genesis 8)
3. The Confusion of Tongues. Confusion of languages (tongues) at Babel (Genesis 11:1-9).
4. Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed. Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:4).
5. Pillar of Salt. Lot’s wife turned into a “pillar of salt” (Genesis 19:26)
6. Birth of Isaac. Sarah and Abraham Conceive a Child in their old age (Genesis 21:1).
7. The burning bush not consumed. Moses before the burning bush (Exodus 3:3).
8. The Miracle of Aaron’s Rod. Aaron’s rod changed into a serpent (Exodus 7:10-12).
9. The Plagues of Egypt. The ten plagues of Egypt (Exodus 7:20 – Exodus 12:30).
- Water becomes blood
- Thunder and hail
- Death of the first-born
10. The Miracle of the Red Sea Parted. Red Sea divided; Israel passes through (Exodus 14:21).
11. Waters of Marah Sweetened. God answers Moses prayer for water in the wilderness (Exodus 15:23-25).
12. Manna From Heaven. Manna sent daily, except on Sabbath (Exodus 16:14-35)
13. Water From the Rock at Rephidim. Moses smites the rock and water came out (Exodus 17:5).
14. Fire Devours Nadab and Abihu. Nadab and Abihu consumed for offering “strange fire” (Levitius 10:1, 2).
15. Fire From the Lord Burns the People. Some of the people consumed by fire at Taberah (Numbers 11:1-3).
16. The Earth Swallows Up Korah and Company. The earth opens and swallows up Korah and his company. (Numbers 1:32).
17. Fire From the Lord Consumes Two Hundred and Fifty. Fire at Kadesh (Numbers 16:35-45).
18. 14,700 Slain By a Plague. People slain by plague at Kadesh for murmuring against Moses (Numbers 16:46-50).
19. The Miracle of Aaron’s Rod. Aaron’s rod budding at Kadesh (Numbers 17:8).
20. Water From the Rock. Water from the rock, smitten twice by Moses, desert of Zin (Numbers 20:7-11).
21. The Miracle of the Brazen Serpent. The brazen serpent heals the people bitten by the fiery serpents (Numbers 21:8-9)
22. Balaam’s Donkey Speaks. Balaam’s ass speaks (Numbers 22:21-35).
23. The Jordan River Parts. The Jordan divided, so that Israel passed over dryshod near the city of Adam (Joshua 3:14).
24. Jericho’s Walls Destroyed. The walls of Jericho fall down (Joshua 6:6-20).
25. The Lord Stills the Sun and Moon. The sun and moon stayed to allow the Israelites to avenge their enemies. (Joshua 10:12-14).
26. The Lord Casts Stones From Heaven. A Hailstorm destroys the enemy of the Israelites. (Joshua 10:12-14).
27. The Strength of Samson. The Spirit of the Lord gives Samson supernatural strength. (Judge 14-16).
28. Water From a Hollow Place of a Donkey’s Jaw. The Lord provides Samson water from an donkey’s jaw (Judge 15:19).
29. Dagon Idol Falls Before the Ark. Dagon falls twice before the ark. (1st Samuel 5:1-12).
30. Emerods (tumors) Befall the Philistines. Emerods on the Philistines (1st Samuel 5:1-12)
31. 50,070 Men of Beth-shemesh Killed by the Lord. Men of Beth-shemesh smitten for looking into the ark (1st Samuel 6:19).
32. The Lord Thunders a Great Thunder. Thunderstorm causes a panic among the Philistines at Eben-ezer (1st Samuel 7:10-12).
33. The Lord Brings Thunder and Rain at Harvest Time. The Lord responds to Samuel’s request with thunder and rain in harvest at Gilgal (1st Samuel 12:18).
34. The Lord Creates a Sound in the Mulberry Trees as a Sign to Attack the Philistines. Sound in the mulberry trees at Rephaim (2nd Samuel 5:23-25)
35. The Lord Kills Uzzah for Touching the Ark. Uzzah smitten for touching the ark at Perez-uzzah (2nd Samuel 6:6, 7).
36. King Jeroboam’s Hand is Withered. King Jeroboam’s hand withered to get him to repent. (1st Kings 13:4)
37. King Jeroboam’s Alter Destroyed. Jeroboam’s new altar destroyed at Bethel (1st Kings 13:4-6).
38. Miracle of Elijah and the Widow’s Oil Increase. Widow of Zarephath’s meal and oil increased (1st Kings 17:14-16).
39. Miracle of Elijah and the Widow’s Son Raised From the Dead. Widow’s son raised from the dead (1st Kings 17:17-24).
40. Miracle of the Drought. Drought at Elijah’s prayers (1st Kings 17, 1st Kings 18).
41. Miracle of Fire. Fire at Elijah’s prayers (1st Kings 18:19-39).
42. Miracle of Rain. Rain at Elijah’s prayers (1st Kings 18:41-45).
43. Elijah Fed by Ravens. Elijah fed by ravens (1st Kings 17:6).
44. Ahaziah’s Captains Consumed by Fire. Ahaziah’s captains consumed by fire near Samaria (2nd Kings 1:10-12).
45. The Jordan Divided. Jordan divided by Elijah and Elisha near Jericho (2nd Kings 2:7, 8, 14).
46. Elijah Carried to Heaven. Elijah carried up into heaven (2nd Kings 2:11).
47. Elisha Purifies the Waters of Jericho. Waters of Jericho healed by Elisha’s casting salt into them (2nd Kings 2:21, 22).
48. Elisha’s Curse Cause Bears to Kill 42. Bears out of the wood destroy forty-two “young men” (2nd Kings 2:24).
49. The Lord Provides Water to Jehoshaphat and the Allied Army. Water provided for Jehoshaphat and the allied army (2nd Kings 3:16-20).
50. Elisha and the Widow’s Oil Increase. The widow’s oil multiplied (2nd Kings 4:2-7).
51. Elisha and the Shunammite’s Son Raised From Dead. The Shunammite’s son given, and raised from the dead at Shunem (2nd Kings 4:32-37).
52. Elisha Cures the Deadly Pottage. The deadly pottage cured with meal at Gilgal (2nd Kings 4:38-41).
53. The Feeding of the 100 Men. A hundred men fed with twenty loaves at Gilgal (2nd Kings 4:42-44).
54. Naaman Cured of Leprosy. Naaman cured of leprosy, Gehazi afflicted with it (2nd Kings 5:10).
55. Iron Axe Swims the River. The iron axe-head made to swim, river Jordan (2nd Kings 6:5-7).
56. Elisha Knows the King of Syria’s Plans. Ben hadad’s plans discovered. Hazael’s thoughts, etc. (2nd Kings 6:12).
57. The Syrian Army Blinded. The Syrian army smitten with blindness at Dothan (2nd Kings 6:18).
58. The Syrian Army Cured of Blindness. The Syrian army cured of blindness at Samaria (2nd Kings 6:20).
59. The Dead Revived. Elisha’s bones revive the dead (2nd Kings 13:21).
60. God Sends Lions Into Samaria. God sends lions into Samaria because they did not fear the Lord (2nd Kings 17:25).
61. The Army Destroyed. Sennacherib’s army destroyed, Jerusalem (2nd Kings 19:35).
62. The Sun Goes Backward. Shadow of sun goes back ten degrees on the sun-dial of Ahaz, Jerusalem (2nd Kings 20:9-11).
63. Uzziah Struck With Leprosy. Uzziah struck with leprosy, Jerusalem (2nd Chronicles 26:16-21).
64. Three Hebrew Boys Delivered from the Fiery Furnace. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego delivered from the fiery furnace, Babylon (Daniel 3:10-27).
65. Daniel in the Lion’s Den. Daniel saved in the lions’ den (Daniel 6:16-23).
66. Jonah in the Belly of the Well. Jonah in the fish’s belly. Safely landed (Jonah 2:1-10).
67. The Sign Given From Gideon’s Fleece. Gideon’s fleece (Judges 6:37-40).
Reference: Christiananswers.net, List of Miracles Recorded in the Bible